The KaiserPapers, A Public Service Web SiteIn Copyright Since September 11, 2000
This web site is in no manner affiliated with any Kaiser entity and the for profit Permanente
Permission is granted to mirror this web site -
Please acknowledge where the material was obtained 
Patient Letter Archive

Patient: C Haupt
Jan 21 2001

c haupt wrote:

Dr. Hochman,

I am in pain and need help.  I am a patient and employee of Kaiser Permanete but cannot find a
doctor who honors his oath and will properly and effectively treat my pain.  I live in the San
Francisco Bay area.   I have never used it, but I do not know what else to do.  If you can direct me to physician who may help me, I would be forever grateful.  I have tried every known alternative.

C. Haupt

Dear Mr. C. Haupt:

Under the California Pain Patients Bill of Rights, your doctor must either treat your pain adequately or refer you to a doctor who will. Send Mr. Gordon your zip code and those around you. We will attempt to find you a qualified doctor.

Under the new JCAHO standards, Kaiser must alo treat you adequately or they risk losing their
licensure. Email the JCAHO () and register a complaint against Kaiser. Do the same with the California Board of Medical Examiners for any doctor who has refused you care. They could lose their license also. Join NFTP. Dr.H

This article was originally stored at:

Today it is permanently stored at:

back to